INFORMATION - EDUCATION - ADVOCACY - SUPPORT
Colorado Walk4Hearing 2015 was a huge success! Pictures coming soon!
Donations can still be made!
Hearing Loss Association of America is the nations LARGEST organization for people with hearing loss. HLAA exists to open the world of communication for people with hearing loss with information, education, advocacy and support.
Hearing loss affects not only the person with the hearing loss, but also everyone that comes into contact with that person. Chapters are the perfect place to bring your spouse, children and friends.
All chapters affiliated with Hearing Loss Association of America are started and run by volunteers. The chapters support themselves through fundraising and donations from the community and its members.
2015 Oticon Focus on People Awards
Outstanding People with Hearing Loss For National Recognition and Prizes
Deadline for nominations is July 15, 2015.
SOMERSET, NJ May 28 -- Oticon, Inc. is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Oticon Focus on People Awards. The national awards program, now in its 17th year, celebrates the accomplishments of people with hearing loss who demonstrate that hearing loss does not limit a person’s ability to achieve, contribute and excel.
People with any degree of hearing loss – from mild to more severe -- are eligible. Winners in four categories earn cash prizes, donations to their favorite charities and Oticon hearing solutions with BrainHearing™ technology.
The four categories include:
- Student, for full-time students, ages 6 - 25 with hearing loss;
- Adult, for people age 21 and above with hearing loss;
- Advocacy, for volunteers ages 21 and above with hearing loss who support the hard-of-hearing and deaf community; and
- Practitioner, for hearing care professionals in general practice, school and clinical settings who go “above and beyond.” Nominees in the Practitioner category are not required to have a hearing loss to qualify.
- First place winners in the Student, Adult, and Advocacy categories receive a $1,000 prize, a $1,000 gift to the charity of their choice and a set of Oticon BrainHearing™ technology hearing solutions!!!
- The first place winner in the Hearing Care Practitioner category receives a $1,000 cash prize and $1,000 to a charity of his/her choice. Second place winners in each category receive a $500 award and third-place winners receive $250!!!
Anyone may nominate using a simple online form available at www.oticonusa.com/FOP
Deadline for nominations is July 15, 2015